Type of Material & Product Differentiation
• Why use stone ?
• Natural stone is a living material, noble and elegant. As such, stone has varied and original
veining tones, gives a unique charm, and also allows for extraordinary robustness and
• Selected natural stone used for construction highlights the richness of its characteristics,
never defects. This is why Matan provides top tips for how best to maximize your
renovation or new construction.
• Our perfect knowledge of natural stone is an integral part of our services. Only a
professional stone craftsman can provide the professional guidance needed to make your
• Types of stone
– There are three main categories of stone: sedimentary, magmatic and metamorphic rocks. Some of
them are used for construction and others for decoration.
– Stone is a durable and strong material. It contributes to the identity and architecture of a region
through its color, texture and form.
– Granite’s magmatic origin gives it an exceptional hardness. It is widely used in kitchens and
bathrooms for its high scratch resistance and minimal absorption. It comes in many shades,
including pink, red, blue and black.
– Marble is originally a limestone that has undergone earth shocks due to the proximity of magmatic
– Limestone is formed by the accumulation of terrestrial and marine sediments at the surface of the
earth. This is the most common stone found in France and is our main source of supply.
• Best Artisan Worker of France – 2004
– Frédéric was awarded the prestigious title of Best Artisan Worker of France (Meilleur Ouvrier de
France) in 2004. This title is awarded only in France through a competition between professionals.The competition, held every 3 years, is certified by the Ministry of Labour.
– The title of Best Artisan Worker of France recognizes long years of work, research, tools and
selection of the best raw materials, best practices and expertise.
• Master craftsman – 2009
– Matan has held this title since 2009. It is awarded to leaders and corporate officers of companies
only when justified. It is based on having a master’s degree, thorough knowledge in management
and psychology, a recognized know-how of, and participation in, training and a registration in a
trade directory for a minimum of 10 years.
• Certificate of Professional Identity (CIP) – 2015
– The Certificate of Professional Identity (CIP) is a « resume » of the company that provides customers
(private or public) information about the professional competency of the company. It allows
Matan’s workshop to receive accreditation with contractors, particularly within the government